Thursday, October 7, 2010

RECIPE: Soup and Salad Supper

I recently used three of my favorite Tastefully Simple products to make a soup and salad supper.

PERFECTLY POTATO CHEDDAR SOUP is a great stand alone soup, or you can add extra ingredients to make it your own.  Here's my version:

1 packet PERFECTLY POTATO CHEDDAR SOUP MIX
3 cups water
1 teaspoon BACON BACON
3/4 cup instant mashed potatoes

Mix water and bacon into soup mix in medium saucepan. 
Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer for 15 minutes.
Add 3/4 cup refrigerated mashed potatos (unheated)
Simmer for another 15 minutes and stir frequently until soup is thick and bubbly and mashed potatoes have dissolved.
Stir in pepper to taste.
Ladle into mug or soupbowl and top with shredded cheddar cheese.

SENSATIONAL CAESAR VEGGIE DIP is a mild and savory dip mix, but I thinned it down a bit with a little milk and created a Creamy Caesar Dressing for my green salad.  This dressing could also be used for your pasta salads and even chicken salad. Definitely one of my favorite products!

No comments:

Post a Comment